In your everyday life, you encounter machine learning but you do not notice. Have you ever wondered how your inbox mail is so smart that it can sort Spams and label it (to primary, promotional and social)? There is a complicated algorithm for this prediction and it is one of the most common examples of machine learning.
Aside from this, you should know that search engines could use machine learning as well. Whether you consider Elasticsearch tutorial PDF or not, you will learn that machine learning essentially uses more complicated algorithms to calculate trends, value and other characteristics of things based on historical data.
What is machine learning?
Machine learning actually refers to a method of data analysis that is capable of automating analytical model building. Simply put, it is a branch of AI (Artificial Intelligence) based on the theory that systems can learn from the available data and identify patterns. At the end of the day, they can make decisions with minimal human supervision.
You can start with Weka (Waikato Environment for Knowledge Analysis). Weka is a suite of machine learning written in Java. The software contains a collection of visualization tools including algorithms for data analysis and including predictive modeling. In a Weka tutorial, you will learn how to make the most out of it.
As far as your business goes, machine learning algorithms are driven by new computing technologies that can help improve business scalability and operations. With this, machine learning is considered a solution to many business complexities. Machine learning models are utilised these days to predict everything from the spikes in web traffic to stocks, commodities, and outbreaks of diseases.
How can machine learning benefit your business?
As a business owner, you need to know how machine learning can help improve business scalability and operations. Here’s how machine learning can benefit your business:
- It can predict customer behavior: regardless of the product or service, machine learning can predict customer behavior. After, machine learning can convert these predictive insights into prescriptive insights to improve customer base or offer better services. By simply looking at the purchasing patterns and browsing through the customer’s purchase histories, retail companies can present the best customised product or service to every customer. Ultimately, this will improve demand forecasts.
- It can motivate product purchase: if you are into e-commerce, machine learning algorithms can be utilised to motivate product purchase by recommending a product. Machine learning will match a large product or service inventory to spot hidden patterns. Similarly, machine learning can also group similar things together. At the end of the day, these products or services can be suggested to customers.
- It can improve your marketing strategy: the astonishing thing about machine learning is its ability to churn a huge amount of data – real time. This is how they make the data relevant and useful. The data that are received from the customer behavior analysis can be utilised to make necessary changes to your company’s marketing and sales strategy especially if it involves upselling and cross-selling. For retail companies, machine learning models are designed with image recognition software. This can be extended to customers so they can pick the right product from across scanned inventory.
- It can assist data entry: machine learning can assist data entry because of its predictive modeling. With this, the algorithms can help streamline your company’s documentation processes thereby eradicating the risks involved with manually handling data entry.
- It can help you with financial analysis: machine learning models have fraud detection, which can help predict the large volume of transactions by applying its cognitive computing technologies. With this, machine learning can help in risk management and investment predictions. Aside from that, machine learning can also improve customer service and arrange digital assistants.
- It can predict and treat medical concerns: in the healthcare sector, there are many data needed to be processed. If a machine learning model is applied the model, it can lead to better diagnosis of diseases and improved efficiency of research.
- It can detect network intrusions: finally, machine learning can detect network intrusions and eliminate them accordingly. This type of detection system will screen the network traffic and look for malicious activities in the form of unauthorised access or attack.
Now that you know how machine learning can benefit your business, it is time to determine how the software configuration management system can help. If in this case, you want to try Ansible, you have to consider the Ansible tutorial. This will give you an idea of how it can help you automate the process of setting and installing software.